· There will be separate boys and girls competitions in each age bracket.
· Entries will not be accepted after the closing date.
· Teachers are at all times responsible for the behaviour and conduct of the participants and supporters.
· Staff and officials should be treated with respect at all times.
· Referees and organisers decisions are final and should be accepted at all times.
· Schools enter teams of 4 pupils per age group/ gender.
· The 4 rowers will compete individually with all distances combined to create an overall team distance, and as part of a team relay.
· The top 6 teams from combining the two regional qualifiers in each age/ gender will qualify for the County Finals.
· Year 9 upwards the top 6 individual rowers will also be invited.
· All equipment will be provided for the event.
· Participants should wear appropriate sportswear and footwear.
Race Distances/ Times:
· The year 7 – 11 individual races will be over a period of time with their total distance being recorded. The year 12 & 13 race will be over 2000 metres with the time being recorded.
o Year 7: 2 minutes
o Year 8 : 3 minutes
o Year 9 : 4 minutes
o Year 10 : 5 minutes
o Year 11 : 6 minutes
o Year 12 & 13 : 2000 metres race
· Each team will complete a relay race on one rowing machine. They will work in a relay format with each team member completing 1 minute each. The relay race for each age category is 4 minutes and the distance will be recorded.